This delicious soup comes together in less than 20 minutes and is light, yet very satisfying.
28 oz. can of whole peeled tomatoes
15 oz. can of diced tomatoes
2-3 32 oz. boxes of vegetable stock
10 oz. package of fresh tortellini (like Rana Cheese Tortellini)
8-12 oz. fresh spinach (washed)
¼ cup parmesan cheese
2 TBSP minced garlic
Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a large pot, add tomatoes, vegetable stock and garlic. Bring to a simmer/boil.
- If you prefer smaller bites of tomato, cut up or crush the whole tomatoes.
- When the liquid begins to boil, add tortellini and cook according to the package (usually 10-15 minutes).
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- When the tortellini is almost done, add the fresh spinach and cover for the remainder of the cooking time.
- When the pasta is cooked to your preference, remove from heat and serve in bowls.
- Top with parmesan cheese (big shavings of cheese is ideal but grated cheese works just as well).
- Like it a bit spicier? Add a Jalapeno or your preferred hot pepper.
- Chicken stock works just as well as vegetable stock
- Try some fresh basil or oregano to elevate the flavor of the soup.
- For a more decadent soup, add ½-1cup of cream to the mixture.