Looking for a tasty treat that’s perfect for serving at the next family get together or company holiday party? Follow the instructions below for a tasty and tart Granola.
First, preheat your oven to 325º
- 5 cups old fashioned oats (not instant)
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 TBSP cinnamon (or more if you like it)
- ¾ cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract (optional)
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup molasses (optional)
- 3 cups of miscellaneous nuts, fruit, etc.
- Ex: coconut, pecans and walnuts
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl to incorporate.
- Mix wet ingredients together then pour over dry ingredients
- Mix both together until the oatmeal mixture is coated. If it appears a bit dry, add more honey and oil until your mixture is moist. The mixture should hold together but break apart when you press it.
- Divide mixture between two lined jelly roll sheets (baking sheets with rims) and press firmly.
a. We strongly recommend using silicone liners like Silpats or parchment paper to line the baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes then rotate pans and bake for another 15 minutes.
- While still warm, press the mixture to make crunchier chunks of granola (I like this more as a snack) or you can leave it unpressed after cooking and it will be more like cereal.
- Once completely cool, store in an airtight container for up to a month.
- Enjoy on yogurt, ice cream, with milk or on your morning oatmeal!