Savory, Sweet and as spicy as you like. These grilled chicken wings will be the hit of any party.
- 1½ cups soy sauce
- ½ cup Korean go chu chang paste or substitute with Cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- ½ cup lemon lime soda like Sprite
- 2 bunches of green onions cut into bite-size piece (keep some for garnish)
- 2 TBSP minced garlic
- 1 TBSP sesame oil
- 24 chicken wings, cut into drums and flats
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Mix all ingredients, except the chicken, and stir until well-incorporated and uniform.
- Submerge wings in marinade, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Best grilled on a charcoal but can be grilled on a gas grill.
- Heat grill to medium/high heat
- Remove wings from marinade and use a clean paper towel to pat down and remove any excess marinade.
- Place wings on the grill, skin side down over indirect heat. Rotate and reposition wings on the grill as needed to prevent burning.
- Once fully cooked, move wings directly over the coals to add a finishing char for extra flavor and texture.
- Garnish with diced green onion and toasted sesame seeds.
This recipe is compliments of Hudson Hsu, via Nebraska Recipe Swap.