- 1 prime rib roast with or without bone (any size)
- garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 550F degrees.
- Generously distribute garlic powder, salt and pepper to the outside of the prime rib.
- Rub seasoning into the prime rib.
- Place meat in a shallow roasting pan fat side up.
- Roast at 550
- 5 minutes per pound for RARE
- 6 minutes per pound for MEDIUM
- 7 minutes per pound for WELL DONE.
- Turn off the oven at the end of cooking time and DO NOT OPEN OVEN DOOR FOR TWO HOURS.
- At the end of the 2 hours, remove meat from the oven to slice; it comes out perfect every time.
- You can also use the same method for roast beef!
This recipe is compliments of Tom K., via Nebraska Recipe Swap.