- 3 oz. reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1 cup egg substitute
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 10 oz. package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and well drained
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 6 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- Thaw, chop and squeeze-dry the spinach. Thaw and drain the broccoli. Chop the onion and slice the mushrooms.
- Beat the softened cream cheese in a small mixing bowl. Add milk, egg substitute and black pepper and beat until smooth.
- Thaw, chop and squeeze dry the spinach. Thaw and drain the broccoli. Chop the onion and slice the mushrooms. Stir in remaining ingredients. Scoop quiche mixture into a 10-inch quiche pan coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake quiche at 375°F for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Per Serving: 151 calories; protein 18g; carbohydrate 8g; dietary fiber 2g; total fat 5g; saturated fat 0g; sodium 404mg; cholesterol 14mg. Diabetic exchanges: 1 starch, 1 meat.