Sweet, grilled peaches and tangy, glazed pecans add crunchy zest to salads.
- 4 ripe but firm peaches
- ½ tsp neutral-flavored oil
- 5 oz. baby arugula
- ½ cup blueberries
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
Glazed Curry Pecans
- ¼ cup pecans
- 1 TB honey
- ½ tsp curry powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp butter
- 2 TB honey
- 2 TB plain Greek yogurt or for dairy-free use 1 TB mayo
- 1 TB extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 TB balsamic vinegar
- 1 TB apple cider vinegar
- Hint of salt
- Preheat your grill to high.
- Cut the peaches in half and twist them free from the pits.
- Toss each peach half in a small amount of oil.
- Place the peaches on the grill for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Remove the peaches from grill, let them cool and slice each half into 3 pieces.
- Mix the pecans, honey, curry powder and salt in a small pan and bring to boil on stovetop over medium-high heat.
- Carefully heat about 2 minutes until the honey-pecan mixture boils and the pan is dry.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the butter so the pecans do not stick together. Let glazed pecans cool.
- Place the vinaigrette ingredients in a 1-cup mason jar or similar container. Tighten lid and shake until dressing is mixed.
- Place the arugula in a large bowl with grilled peaches, glazed pecans, blueberries and goat cheese. Toss with the dressing and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information: 1 serving = ¼ of the recipe
calories: 262 kcal, carbohydrates: 33g, protein: 6 g, fat: 13g, saturated fat: 4g, polyunsaturated fat: 2g, monounsaturated fat: 7g, trans fat: 1g, cholesterol:10g, sodium:231mg, sugar:29g, vitamin C:17mg, calcium:104mg, iron:2mg