Fresh side or appetizer that’s low in calories, high in taste.
- 1 pound asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 T olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional: parmesan cheese, to taste
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat.
- Rinse asparagus with water and trim off thick base ends. Place the asparagus stalks side by side on a sheet of aluminum foil sprayed with nonstick cooking oil.
- Lightly coat asparagus with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook asparagus on the grill and turn the spears often until lightly browned and fork-tender about 5 minutes. Optional: Sprinkle with parmesan cheese before grilling the last minute or two.
Servings Per Recipe: 4
53 calories; protein 3g; total carbohydrate 4g; dietary fiber 2g; total fat 4g; saturated fat 1g; total sugars 2g; sodium 2mg; vitamin C 6mg; calcium 27mg; iron 2mg; potassium 229mg
*Nutrition information does not include the parmesan cheese garnish.