A few chilis can compete with this mouthwatering crowd-pleaser.
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- ¾ cup chopped green pepper
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 2 TB chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 cans (14 ½ oz. each) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (24 oz.) pasta sauce
- 1 can (16 oz.) hot chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 oz.) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 oz.) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 ½ cups water
- ½ cup frozen corn
Optional toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream, green onion, cubed avocado, diced jalapeno peppers, corn chips or crackers.
- In a large skillet, cook turkey with onion, green pepper and celery over medium-high heat, 6-8 minutes. Make sure to the turkey crumbles into smaller pieces.
- Transfer mixture to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in seasonings, tomatoes, pasta sauce, chili beans, water and corn.
- Cook, covered, on high 1 hour. Reduce setting to low and cook 5-6 hours or until flavors are blended.
- Stir in kidney and pinto beans. Cook, covered, on low for another 30 minutes.
- Optional: serve with shredded cheese, sour cream, green onion, avocado, jalapeno, corn chips or crackers.
Servings Per Recipe: 12 (3 quarts)
Per Serving: 200 calories; protein 15g; carbohydrates 29g (sugars 8g; dietary fiber 8g), saturated fat 1g; unsaturated fat 3g; cholesterol 26mg; sodium 535mg