It’s a fun activity for the whole family and a great way to upcycle your greeting cards into boxes.
Items you’ll need
- Greeting cards (any size)
- Pencil or marker
- Clear tape
- Ribbon for embellishment (optional)
- Cut along the fold of the card.
- Create an “X” in the center of the card by drawing a line diagonally from each corner.
- Fold the long side of the card to the “X”
- Repeat on the other long side.
- Fold the short sides to the “X”
- On the short side, cut along the fold line to the intersecting fold. You will have 2 cuts on both short sides and no cuts on the long sides.
- Fold long sides up and bend the tails in along the short side’s fold. There will be a flap that’s longer than the tails. Fold the flap over the tails and secure with clear tape.
- This will be your lid.
- Take the remaining piece of your greeting card and trim ¼ inch off one long side and ¼ inch off one short side. Two sides will not be trimmed.
- Repeat steps 2-7
Boxes can be adorned with ribbon, bows, and other decorations, or just left so the design can show. Use these adorable boxes for little gifts or as decorations for next year.
Use these cute boxes for post-holiday gifts or as holiday tree decorations for next year!
Here’s a easy-to-follow instructional video on how to create a greeting card box.