The perfect side to savor end-of-summer vegetables with a hint of buttery crispness.
- 3 TB salted butter
- ½ onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 summer squash, sliced
- 1 zucchini squash, sliced
- 1 tsp. Italian herbs
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. cracked black pepper
- fresh basil garnish, chopped
- Wash summer squash and zucchini and pat dry.
- Cut off the ends of the squash and zucchini and slice into ½” thick pieces.
- Dice the onion and garlic.
- Melt the butter in a nonstick sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add diced onion and garlic to the pan and cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the squash and zucchini to the pan and sprinkle with Italian herbs, salt and pepper.
- Sauté the ingredients another 8-10 minutes until the squash and zucchini are crisp-tender.
- Add chopped basil garnish and serve immediately.
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Per Serving: 113 calories; protein 2g; carbohydrates 8g; saturated fat 6g; unsaturated fat 3g; cholesterol23mg; sugars 4g; dietary fiber 2g; sodium 654mg