At Think, your doctor is the head coach, but your Care Coordinator is your quarterback. Our care coordination team is dedicated to providing you with a service that constantly monitors your health, organizes and plans your healthcare program, arranges your health services to keep you healthy, reduces preventable complications and keeps you out of the hospital.
Our care coordination team all work closely with your doctor and their team to give you personalized, high quality care. In addition to the nurses, an integral part of the care coordination team is the clinical support staff. These talented individuals work hand-in-hand with your nurses to provide the following:
- Educates and supports you about your health conditions
- Develops with you a personalized care plan that focuses on your healthcare goals
- Constantly monitors your health
- Helps with medication management, alongside your personal pharmacist
- Coordinates preventative health screenings
- Gives assistance with referrals to outside healthcare providers when necessary
- Requests medical records from any outside physicians or providers to aid in seamless healthcare
- Finds community resources needed to maintain your health
If you have two or more medical conditions that require ongoing management and support you are eligible for our Care Coordination Program. Some examples include, but are not limited to:
Alzheimer’s Disease and related dementia
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
High Blood Pressure
If your doctor believes you would benefit from care coordination then you will be scheduled to have a free one-to-one consultation with a care coordinator nurse before you are enrolled in the program.
Once enrolled, your Care Coordinator will assess your current healthcare status/needs and will work with you to develop a personalized care plan. You will also have a direct phone number for your care coordinator in case you have any questions about your healthcare. In many cases the service is covered entirely by insurance plans and Medicare – in some instances there is a deductible and/or co-pay. Your care coordinator will discuss your insurance coverage at your initial visit.