Reanen Michael, DPM Podiatrist
I received my undergraduate degree from UNO and my podiatric medical degree from Des Moines University College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery, in Iowa. As a chief resident in New York, I completed a three-year podiatric medicine and surgery residency with reconstructive rearfoot and ankle certification. I received additional training in a wound healing center for the prevention and treatment of diabetic, vascular and slow healing foot and ankle wounds.
My extensive surgical training in all areas of the foot and ankle, includes common deformity correction as well as reconstructive surgery.
What is a Podiatrist?
A podiatrist is a physician that specializes and treats all conditions of the foot and ankle.
I specialize in all aspects of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery including forefoot, rearfoot and ankle surgery, limb salvage and preservation in diabetic and vasculopathologic patients. My surgical treatments are to repair injuries, correct deformities and plastic surgical management of chronic wounds.
My in-depth experience includes diabetic wound healing and care, foot and ankle orthopedics, trauma-related injuries and general preventative care.
Areas of Interest
- All conditions of the foot and ankle
- Diabetic feet, Wound Care, and Infections
- Trauma and Fracture Management
- Bunions, Hammertoes, and other deformities
- Sports Medicine
10 Reasons to see a Podiatrist
- You have diabetes
- You’re starting to run/workout regularly
- You feel joint pain in your feet and/or ankles
- Heel pain is limiting your activities
- You have stubborn ingrown toenails
- You suspect a sprain, strain, or broken bone
- You need foot surgery
- You have a bothersome corn or callus
- You have a painful bunion
- You think you have athlete’s foot – and it isn’t going away
Call now for an appointment: (402) 506-9127