COVID-19 News and Information
Think Healthcare is now administering Moderna vaccinations.
Think’s Vaccine Clinic is held every Tuesday. Quantity of doses and type of vaccines vary each week. We do not take walk-ins and you must be registered through our website (assistance is available if needed).
You must register through our online scheduling tool. We publish our scheduling tool at 2 pm on the Thursdays before the Tuesday clinic.
- Moderna requires 2 vaccination doses, 4 weeks apart
- You will be notified approximately 3 weeks after your initial dose to register for your second vaccination.
- For drug information see the Moderna Fact Sheet.
- Individuals born on or before 2003 (18 years or older)
- Work in, go to school in, or be a resident of Nebraska – or – be a Think patient, or use the Think pharmacy.
- In order to minimize your wait time, please bring your insurance card (you will not be charged) with you to the vaccine appointment. If you are 65+, bring your Red White and Blue Medicare Card. If you are less than 65 years old, bring your pharmacy insurance card. You will not be charged a copay, but your insurance pays the pharmacy for the cost of administration time.
- If you do not have insurance, the federal program covers any cost associated with your vaccination and there is no cost to you.
“When will the COVID-19 vaccine be available for me?”
We are following the guidelines of Douglas County Health Department. Currently we received a small allotment of Moderna COVID-19 Vaccinations. These doses are already allocated to eligible patients to schedule appointments.
“Can I walk in for a vaccination appointment”
In order to maintain the safety of our patients, we are not accepting walk-in appointments for vaccines at this time. If our allotment of vaccines increases to where we can safely accommodate walk-in appointments, we will notify the public.
“Can I call to be put on a waitlist?”
We are not utilizing a waitlist at this time. However, Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services has a website where you can register. They will notify you when you become eligible.
“Where can I register for a vaccination appointment?”
If you are eligible, you can find vaccination locations and register on Douglas County Health Department’s website.
Please go to Douglas County Health Department’s website to see if you are eligible to schedule an appointment with them.
Although Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services has prioritized patients 65 and older with high risk medical conditions, Douglas County Health Department has established that patients 75 and older are prioritized at this time.
Think is following the guidance of Douglas County Health Department at this time. The state prioritization guidelines can be found here.
We will update this information as doses are available and guidance from Douglas County Health Department changes.
In the meantime..
Please adhere to these recommended protocols to keep you and those around you safe and healthy:
WEAR A MASK
WASH YOUR HANDS
STAY SOCIAL DISTANCED
Stay at least six feet apart. Limit the number of individuals together at one time.
WE’RE HERE FOR YOU WHEN AND WHERE YOU NEED US:
With Think’s Virtual Care Connection, you can visit with your doctor using a Smart Phone or Computer. Please contact Think to schedule a virtual appointment.
Your provider may wish to see you at the Think office rather than by telemedicine. Upon your arrival at Think, you’ll be screened for signs of a viral infection using CDC guidelines to protect all of our patients and staff.
Please plan on arriving at least 10 minutes earlier for your appointment to allow for these screening protocols.
For the health and safety of our patients and friends in the community, we have temporarily suspended the use of Think’s facilities for events and classes. We appreciate your understanding and will notify you as soon as these events and classes will resume.